November 08, 2007

That is Zimbabwe! How to get a contract line

A typical Zimbabwean Story I have recently come across:


I have learned since yesterday that in order to change ownership of a net one line (011) the person willing to get my line will have to be vetted by Net One (long list of requirements: fill up a form of which you can hardly get a copy, last 3 months salary slips, your ID, your guarantor ID, bank statements, etc.)
first.

You will therefore need to go there, explain that you want to obtain a contract line and what is the procedure. Do not mention my name or my number before you obtain your clearance. If you do so, they will just wait until I leave the country and give these numbers to people who are already on their waiting list and have already been cleared, because they do not have new contract lines to sell to the public. It has happened to a friend who bought a line, just to realize once the seller was gone that the line had been attributed to someone else by Net One!!!

Once you have been cleared / vetted, you will be put on an extremely long waiting list. Since now you have the clearance paper in your hand, you ask Net One: “if I find a friend, a colleague who is willing to give me her/ his number because she/he is leaving can I come and make the change of ownership?” It is at this point that we can go together to Net One and make the change of ownership.

No comments: